>>      host->private_data = hpriv;
>>      hpriv->n_ports = n_ports;
>>
>> -    host->iomap = NULL;
>>      hpriv->base = ioremap(res->start, res->end - res->start + 1);
>> +    host->iomap = &hpriv->base;
>>      hpriv->base -= MV_SATAHC0_REG_BASE;
>>
>>      rc = mv_create_dma_pools(hpriv, &pdev->dev);
> ..
>
> Well, that's definitely one way to attack it.
the fix better be done by using the hpriv->base instead of iomap table:
                 void __iomem *hc_mmio = mv_hc_base_from_port(
-                               ap->host->iomap[MV_PRIMARY_BAR], hard_port);
+                                       mv_host_base(ap->host), hard_port);
                u32 hc_irq_cause, ipending;

> The original problem being, for a non-PCI device, there is no iomap[]
> table.
> sata_mv only ever uses iomap[MV_PRIMARY_BAR=0], so the above patch should
> work around it just fine.
Jeff, do the libata upper drivers use the other BARs? if not, then we can use
pci_iomap to map BAR0, this way we can remove the iomap[] table and use one
iomem pointer for pci and none-pci devices.

Saeed