Hi,

With digging into the code...

I think the ht6560b controller supports DMA. At least it did so in 2.2 (where hdparm could still turn it on). DMA in 2.2 would improve the HD from about 1M/s to 4M/s. So that's quite interesting. Also the datasheet claims that there is full ANSI ATA-4a support. According to the ATA table on wikipedia that should include up to mwdma 2 and udma33.

What's the magic that will turn it on for the ht6560b controller?
I would guess at the [sm]wdma_mask fields in hwif_t? Plus something for set_dma_mode?
Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan Evert