Hi,
I have set up another linuxbox, and i have encountered 3 problems...

1. KDE / Hebrew
as I say on of the InternetWorld 99 linux lectures,
kde menus can be set to hebrew,
however the fonts cant,
i have downloaded many font packages (fixed and type1) and only fixed
fonts can be used in hebrew,
does anyone know how to set the other fonts?

2. Sound modules busy
I have tried to set the sound for the machine.
the sndconfig said the module is busy,
usning "rmmod sound" or soundlow or soundcore (the loaded modules) does
nopt seem to work, it reports them being used.
from the services config i chose not to run sound on boot though.
so i did a boot of linux single,
lsmod does not list sound modules,
but i cant load them with modprobe,
they are busy and cant be used.

what can i do?

3.modem busy
I have tried to set the modem,
since the windows config is working fine with the modem on COM1,
i "ln -s /dev/cua0 /dev/modem" and it's busy.
for some reason all cua's except for cua1 are busy,
and cua1 does not rspond.
why is that?
trying to "cat < /dev/modem" results in an error.
(busy is the description from kppp, i have a ppp script from netvision
that does not report an error but cant communicate with the modem
either.

My kernel is the one that goes with rhl5.2,
it works fine on this machine, (modem and sound).
I have no idea whats wrong, and how come my devices/modules are busy.
can you help me with these problems?

--

There are no big words, just little people.