So far I kept out of the discussion about whether the Linux-IL
mailing list should be closed or not.

My qualifications (if anyone cares about them):
1. Subscription to, and participation in the Linux-IL mailing list from
   its first days.
2. Being owner and moderator of some other mailing lists (such as
   the [EMAIL PROTECTED]).
3. Being subscriber to several mailing lists with differing moderation
   policies.
4. I have few E-mail addresses, and I subscribe to some mailing lists
   under aliases (all of which, except for one, are set to NOMAIL).

My policy and opinion:
EVERY MAILING LIST SHALL BE CLOSED.
THE LIST OF SUBSCRIBERS TO THE MAILING LIST SHALL BE KEPT SECRET.

About the second point, there was no argument so far (ridiculous, because
OF COURSE it is very important for each of us to be aware of all other
subscribers to the Linux-IL mailing list).

About the first point, I urge Vadim to close the mailing list.  All those
who want to post to the list from various E-mail addresses, may subscribe,
confirm (maybe they can implement a procmail rule for autoreplying to
legitimate subscription confirmation requests), throw their smelly shit
for distribution to the other subscribers and if it's one-time E-mail
address, then unsubscribe.
                                     --- Omer
WARNING:  by sending me unsolicited
commercial/religious/political/MailPush/NECS E-mail message (known also as
"spam") you irrevocably agree to pay me US$500.- (plus legal fees) per
such E-mail message - for the service of receiving it.