Hi.

I want to run a caching only name server on my local network. Obviously, the name server needs to connect to the root nameservers.
However, the connection is made from UDP port 53 to UDP port 53, and the answer returns on UDP port 53 (unlike regular DNS query which returns to an unpriveleged port).
How can I make the answer return on an unpriveleged port? Another possible solution for me is to use TCP instead of UDP. How can I configure my name server to use TCP instead?

[The goal is to block incoming traffic on UDP port 53 in the firewall]

Thanks.

Aviram Jenik

"Addicted to Chaos"

Today's quote: