After using Perl for 2 years or so,
both on Unix systems and on Win32 (the ActiveState
port is quite good, actually) and trying out
Python, I'd still go with Perl. Nothing, and I mean
NOTHING, can match CPAN for sheer variety and usefulnes.

Even MS embraced (ack) Perl, and have commited to extending
it, working along side ActiveState (I'm hoping 'extending'
doesn't read as 'making it completely uncompatible with
anything which doesn't run on our stuff').

So...Python is a good language, with a clean syntax,
and it actually seems to have a future.

However, I find it hard to believe that it will ever match
Perl.

Besides...Obfuscated Python? Nah ;)