Hello all !

I recently deleted /dev/hda8 (it was /home, I moved it somewhere else
because I was running
out of space). also deleted /dev/hda10 (was /usr/local, same reason).
the partition that was in the middle - /dev/hda9, which hosted /opt/kde,
is now
GONE !!

is there something I can do to restore it ?
can't a partition live with free space on both sides ?
should I have known this ? is this a bug ?
btw I was using cfdisk.

will I ever see my 1+ year old KDE 1.1 again (needless to say, it had
numerous customizations which will be lost !!)

thanks,
gal.