Hi People,

I found something similar in the mailing list archives but not exactly, and
I probably miss some configuration.

While trying to compile source-RPM:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce )
works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce )
is a cross-compiler... no
checking for a C++-Compiler...
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce
-s) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

First, it said I have no c++ compiler at all, so I installed  pgcc++ .
and next time I got the error above.

Compiling other stuff without C++ is OK.
I have Mandrake 6.0.

Thanks in advance,

Eyal.

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ