Greetings,

Yaniv Kimchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to set up a fax server with 8 modems on Linux.
> Any recommendations for a good modem server hardware supported by Linux ?

        You can use a multiport serial card. I recommand the Cyclades Z or Y
series with 8 ports. Now I am using a Cyclades Y16 with a CISCO 2511 and
it's working perfectly. Cyclades does have linux support. Any other
brandnames that also support linux are Digi, Rocket, Livingstone (this is an
acces server, not a multiport serial card).

    You may also try to use some multimiodem cards, but I heard no good
stories about them. My advice is to take a multiport serial card with
modems.

Best Regards,
Freddie