On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 12:58:33AM +0200, Omer wrote:

> Once there was www.il.debian.org . Now it is not here, nor Marc is on the
> list. My question is: what is the closest mirror to  Israel, in terms of
> getting stable/unstable packages via apt?

My /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/ftp.debian.org/pub/debian unstable main contrib
non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/ftp.debian.org/pub/debian unstable main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

It depends on where you're connected to. I'm connected to barak and
sunsite.org.uk is very fast for me. (On a 512kbit connection I get
45k/s or thereabouts.) non-us is taken from non-us.debian.org because
I noticed that the mirrors didn't do the move to partitioned non-us
very well, so I prefer the master server.

As to Marc, he still has a Debian mirror in Israel; here are the apt
lines:

deb http://www.tls.co.il/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://www.tls.co.il/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

I think it's listed in the Debian mirror list. I don't use them
because the poor bastard only has a 128kbit connection and I can do
better than that. :-)

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]   +-----------------------

Using today's server requirements, Linux is a credible alternative to
commercial developed servers in many, high volume applications.
        -- Internal Microsoft memo

PGP signature