GY>> Whoops, didn't notice that in the original post - sorry, I don't
GY>> use [lx]?emacs, can't help you there.
GY>>
GY>> What fonts are available for you in xemacs? Look for hebrew fonts
GY>> of the same type...?

In fact, I don't know why you are having trobules with xemacs. I run
xemacs -fn heb10x20 and it gives me a fine hebrew font, heb10x20 being
-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal-Hebrew-20-200-75-75-C-100-ISO8859-1

Sorry, I don't remeber where it is from, I think it's from HUJI site or
one of the mirrors, standard Unix hebrew fonts pack.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells