On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 08:56:30AM +0000, Yosi wrote:

> I am looking for a newsreader for Linux, and I would be more than
> grateful if you can recommend me of one. These are the things that I
> need in a newsreader (from the most important to the least):
>
> 1. GPL
> 2. Secure. I don't like Java/JavaScript/JScript/ActiveX or all the
>    rest of these things. The less built-in support the newsreader has
>    for these things - the better. I don't need "smart" newsreaders
>    displaying html code inside posts either.
> 3. support threading.
> 4. support for PGP.
> 5. In text mode.
>
> Anyone who sees a resemblence between these specifications and Mutt,
> is right :)

The closest that I've seen to Mutt is slrn. I don't know whether it
supports the above features, but I think that it's as close as you can
get.

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]   +-----------------------

Using today's server requirements, Linux is a credible alternative to
commercial developed servers in many, high volume applications.
        -- Internal Microsoft memo

PGP signature