    Micha> How do I convert latex2e to work with hebrew (mainll the
    Micha> support for hebrew under babel).  do I need to get elatex?

I don't know whether babel actually supports Hebrew.  My installation
(tetex 0.9-17 from RH 6.0) has some references to Hebrew, but some
files are missing...  But I'm almost sure you'll have to use
etex/elatex, since they include the TeX-XeT (or is it TeX--XeT?) which
is quite important.  You may also look at omega - don't know however
if it can handle Hebrew in any way.  By the way, both are included
with tetex's recent versions.

    Micha> Can anyone point me to a sight containing the information?

Start from the documentation that comes with your TeX distribution.
Most probably you're using tetex, and tetex comes with a lot of
documentation, but it is usually in a separate package (depends on you
Linux distribution).  If you don't find the answers, go to the
classical TeX sites: TUG, CTAN (for files).  I don't remember the URLs
by heart, but a brief visit to Yahoo! will give you all of them.

Regards,
Andre.

#                       Andre E. Bar'yudin                     #
#           Home page: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~baryudin      #
#                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             #
#                      Phone: (972)-53-812-026                 #