On 1 Dec 1999, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> > I have a lecture hall for Friday at 1pm here at the IDC.
>
> Can you explain what IDC is and where it is and how to get to the
> lecture hall?

the IDC is indeed the interdisciplinary Center, and the map to get there
is here:

http://www.idc.ac.il/main/Content/Bigmap.html

the lecture hall I got at such a short notice is indeed a bit late for
anyone coming on a bus, I can probably get it at an earlier hour next
month. If you instead publish your location, perhaps someone will offer
you a ride on the way back, but there is no way I could get an earlier
window (small campus...)

I will be sending out a message on several channels at my college, I
hope this attracts as many listeners. in General the IDC favors these
lectures and has OKed me a monthly lecture hall, I know we will have
subjects to fill in! If I can't get a hold of Jon Hall by tonight or
tommorow morning, there is still going to be a lecture by my friend Ury
Segal, who volunteered to prepare a roughly 1 hour talk about diving
into the kernel sources.

Ury has a long history in digging into kernels, Mainly Solaris, BSDi and
lately Linux (Correct me here, did I get them all? :-) and among others
was on the team working on the MOSIX kernel addition to BSDi and Linux,
as well as doing work for such kernel-munching startups like CoreKt. I
think he earns the title "Kernel hacker" with dignity.

Eli: yes, DO try and get me Peli's cell number, or catch Jon tommorow
and invite him. I wouldn't want to skip two lessons at school to do it
myself :-)

oh, and if someone has a video camera and can shoot tommorow's events
for me and others that will miss it, I thank you in advance!

--
Ira Abramov ;  whois:IA58  ;  www.scso.com ;  all around Linux enthusiast
"Absolutely nothing should be concluded from these figures except that