> some people do not want to upgrade their distribution because it will mean a
> lot of work
> updating their scripts. and to move from 2.0.x to 2.2.x you need to upgrade a
> lot ...
>
> it took me for instance, a lot of time to upgrade my server from 2.0.36 (rh5.2)
> to 2.2.x (rh6.1)

Also, sometimes the upgrades do some very stupid things.  Like RH 5.x - 6.x
seem to all overwrite your smb.conf file.  I know on my productions
servers whenever I do an upgrade I spend a half a day getting everything back to
normal.  Also, there is the issue of security.  I personnally waited
for 6.1 to come out because I knew within the first six months many errata
files would be produced for 6.0 to fix various holes that would be found...james