hello,
I got this script from netvision support a long time ago,
 not from the linux distribution.
it makes things easier when writing zone files.

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk:/pub/software/programs/DNS/makezones

well I looked there again and found a newer version which works.
the script is written in perl and had the bug that previuosly posted
here.
(by you, as I can remember)

thanks anyway,
Alon.