I only can agree and strongly advice everybody to
- either boot from the 2nd CD (for textmode install)
or
- boot from the bootdisk (also textmode install)

Only in the textmode install can you choose your packages in detailed
level and read the info which is included on each package. At the end you
can use SaX to config your X etc. Much better and more detailed.

The book is also good reading for beginners, since it explains a lot
(though it is NOT a complete Linux manual) and most of all explains the
special things about SuSE.

Schlomo

PS: SuSE is not a beginners distro, but for medium till advanced people
it's very good.