Shlomo Solomon wrote:

> I'm installing the StarOffice RPM and got a message saying that the
> package needs jre-old. Does anyone know what that is or if it's safe
> to **ignore** the dependency?
>
> My system is Mandrake 7.0.
>
> //------------------------
> Shlomo Solomon
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://come.to/shlomo.solomon

That package gives you (with regard to Star Office) some java
capabilities on the internet.
If you're not using the Star-Office as your internet browser (like me.
netscape 4.71/2 is pretty stable [i can hardly recall when it crashed
last time]) then you can safely do:

rpm -Uvh --nodeps so_en...
         ^^^^^^^^
        do NOT check dependencies.