Hi,

actually IPC$ is the Inter Process Communication share. The idea is that
if you authenticate to this share, then you get authenticated to all
others automatically.

But to enable us to help you, you have to tell us the following
- Attach your smb.conf file (usually under /etc )
- Tell us what CLIENT (e.g. Windows) system you are using (looks like NT)

Besides that I suggest you to read the Samba documentation (probably under
/usr/doc/samba or some similar place, depends on your Linux
flavor). Especially read the part about encrypted passwords.

And yes, you can setup shares from the web management tool. Just go to
shares, enter a name and click Create New Share and fill in the form.
Don't foget to "Apply Changes" in the end to save your changes.

Schlomo

PS: If you don't get along with reading manuals, you can always by the
Samba Book.