On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:22:18 +0200 (IST), Jonathan Ben-Avraham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Yaron Zabary wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Guy Cohen wrote:
>>
>> > Who are the compenies who sell sun products (hardware) in israel,
>> > other then emc and sintec ?
>>
>>   Publicom does Sun (as an E&M reseller).
>>   Ankor and Minix do Sun clones (they take Sun boards and put them in a
>> case with various peripherals). They are usually cheaper by 30-50% of a
>> similar Sun (list price, no special discounts).
>
>They are NOT Sun boards, they are Sparc chipsets (and not necessarily Sun
>Sparcs, usually TI or Ross Sparcs) on Taiwanese boards. However, they work
>pretty well in most instances. I had some problems two years ago with some
>of the higher end Axil's that we requisitioned from Ankor with two or more
>CPU's - the cases weren't designed to dissipate the heat and we had to run
>the machines with the cases open under a garden variety desk fan.
>Regards,
Well, this is getting completely off-topic, but I've seen the PC-type single
proccessor Axil machines Ankor sell, and they are DEFINITELY Sun OEM boards
(There are Sun marking on the PCB as far as I remember).

> - yba

udi

ннннннннннннннннннннни unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with