Ilya Konstantinov wrote:

> > I notice that there is a message there about maybe a problem with my RAM.
> > Is there any tests that i can run in order to verify that the RAM is really
> > the thing that made the kernel to crush ?
>
> There's an application you can find on Freshmeat called
> memtest86. It installs itself as a boot "image" which you
> can boot by setting it up in LILO. It runs by itself (not under
> Linux), so it can test all of the RAM. It's better
> than the BIOS check, but it's not much of a stress check.
> The summer heat might've provided the stress?
> See the GCC-SIG11 FAQ for more scary RAM problems and
> stress-test ideas.
>
> Speaking of NMI, I recall the kernel also suggests to look
> for APM settings in the BIOS. Do look and disable if enabled.

Indeed, NMI reports are used by both older memory modules - to report
some problem, and for some communication between hardware components and
the BIOS regarding APM.
Check out a thread I started lately when I received those messages,
though in a non-harmfull manner, and dug a bit about that. Basically,
what I've just said summarizes it all.

Could your problem be indeed a memory problem ?