Hi everyone

2 probs:
I connect to a linux box using ssh2 (SuSE 6.4)
once connected, I set up port forwarding from client port 21 to the
server's port 21 (encrypted along the way).

I explicitly allowed the said user to get port-forwarding access:

in /etc/ssh2/sshd2_config it says:

        AllowTcpForwardingForUsers      aris

but every time I ftp to localhost on the client machine (from where it
gets forwarded to the ssh2 server) , I get in /var/log/messages on the
server box the next line:
Jul  4 14:12:59 amber sshd2[4329]: Direct TCP/IP forwarding request denied
for user in configuration.

why?

2. Another SuSE 6.4 box, stock.
I can't figure out why, but none of the users on the box are allowed
access via ftp. (the session opens, I get asked user and password, then no
matter what user, I get kicked out).

ftpusers only has the root account. I understand SuSE has some weird PAM
module. What do I set up and where for this to work? (or, for that matter,
some FM to RT on this subject would be just as fine..)

Thanks for the help!

 --
Miki Shapiro
Aladdin Knowledge Systems