On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm about to join the lovely world of ADSL. However, I'd like to know if
>
> Congrats! ;-)
GOOD!

> > there's a way to save a network card:
> >
> > My internal network is connected via hub. Would it be possible to connect
> > the ADSL modem directly to the hub and save a network card? If that is
> > possible, how do I configure my Linux to connect?
> >
> > Someone told me I should add a second IP to my existing network
> > card on the
> > Linux to have the virtual IP of the network (10.x.x.x). Seems a
> > bit fishy to
> > me, though, so I wanted a second opinion.

Just put all your nodes on 10.200.0.X . decide which one is the router,
and put ip masqurade on it. also run apache with proxy services.
you need no secondary interface. in fact, you cant do that since you have
to keep the 255.0.0.0 mask on it.
No can get to your masquraded ip's cause of the address translation done
on the router (which connects to the ADSL ).
I do that at home. It runs perfectly.
Dani