Good news!
I managed to make pptp work with ATUR3 modem!
The fix I proposed in my previous e-mail is actually the only one needed.
The additional problem I had was bad password in pap-secrets...

So, all you need to do is:

1. get multik's copy of pptp.
2. Make the following change: in pptp_gre.c, function pptp_gre_copy(),
change "pptp_gre_call_id = call_id" to "pptp_gre_call_id = peer_call_id"
3. Compile and enjoy!

Best regards,
Haim Gelfenbeyn.