> Hi
>
> Have you tried manually running the init scripts?
no, but don't have much time to spare, so I won't do that anytime soon..

to Ishai:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think its a problem with loading the
modules, as the dialing is what failes.
the solution I found for this was to call my dialing script in rc.sysinit.
it's ugly, I know, but at least I'm sure that if my connection drops I can
just reboot ;-)

> (I wouldn't give such a lousy advice without an answer to your second
> question ;-)
but thanks anyway :-)

> > one more thing - can you please point me to a good Masquarading tutorial
> > with NetFilter ? or more to the point - how to enable active FTP from
> > behind a kernel 2.4 NAT ?
>
> Not from personal experince, but...
>
> http://netfilter.kernelnotes.org/unreliable-guides
Liked the title on that one !

> 2.4 does include the ip_masq_ftp module
I know, but unlike ipchains, just loading it doesn't do the trick...

I'll read those - thanks.

Oded

--
In film you will find four basic story lines:
Man versus man, man versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus