Help list!

I just upgraded my main Linux box to KDE 2.1 (from the Mandrake Cooker. I'm still missing some kdegames and quanta which hasn't been updated in the servers, but I think I'll manage without it for a while).
I had some hassles with dependencies, but I resolved it all with out going to extreme --nodeps --force measures.
but when I took the X down and brought it up again, kdm crashed immediately. and now it doesn't want to come up again.
I read the thread about KDE2.1 pam problems and upgraded pam first thing. after I did that, and before starting to install KDE 2.1, I couldn't log in through kdm, though I could login in any other manner. I wonder it that related.

last note : before I started messing things up I had a KDE2.1b2 working perfectly.

Oded

--
In this world, truth can wait; she's used to it.