Hi mulix,
You can do that simply by:

iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID -j REJECT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

The first line sets up the forwarding allowing you to use
the computer as a gateway, the next blocks any forwards
that come from our internet connection. The third line
enables IP Masquerade for anything going out on ppp0,
and finally the last line actually enables forwarding.

then, if you want to learn iptables I recommend this site:
http://www.linuxhelp.net under the Guides section you'll find how playing
with iptables.