Hi Mike,
1. /etc/securetty is used by login(1); the file contains  the
device  names  of tty lines (one per line, without leading /dev/) on which
root is allowed to login.  'man securetty' for more information.
2. the -h option has to work without no problems. can you mention any
errors from the log files or any error you getting from the telnet service
when connecting from Rempote? your telnetd in xinetd running as it needs to
run?

At 19:21 13/03/01 +0200, you wrote:

>hi
>
>im using RH7 and i edited the /etc/securetty file to permit only tty1 to
>login, but it did not work
>
>my second problem is in /etc/xinetd.d, in the telnetd conf file i gave
>telnet  the -h attribute at the end in order to prevent
>
>system information from remore logins but then the telnet service goes down
>
>anyone with an idea ??

----
Regards,
Eran Levy.