Well, I finally realized that the problem with the xmms scheduling was
that it was using ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) as its
soundcard backend. When I switched it to OSS (Open Sound System), I
managed to run it with much less problems.

Since I have little motivation to prefer ALSA over OSS (I use EsounD for
my sound needs, which works equally well on either architecture), I
decided to stick to OSS for the while.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.