On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Howdy, all.
>
> After downloading most of the KDE 2.1 source packages and compiling them
> without much trouble (just a little workaround in kdoc was required to
> make it correctly locate Perl and its version) I went into that nifty
> configuration center of theirs and attempted to change my
> locale+fonts+language to hebrew. Funny thing, the moment I hit "Apply" the
> fonts changed to iso8859-8 and the configuration center proggie
> "localized" itself immediately. Only that to my surprise, nothing would
> loadafterwards, not even konsole. After attempting to restart it and
> watching the X logs miserably yelling about every second KDE app crashing
> upon startup, and after a bit of skimming through the helpfiles I found no
> solution.
> And yes, I've installed kde-i18n-he in the correct prefix. I have no idea
> what the problem is. I'm running Slackware 7.0 on an AMD K6-2\300,
> glibc2.1something , if it matters.
>
> Does anyone have a clue?

First of all, the kde hebrew localization requires iso10646-1
fonts. Otherwise localized strings would show up as gibrish/question
marks.

See the IGLU faq (hebrew->fonts->availble fonts) for some such fonts. You
may have to settle for "fixed" if you can't find any other.

But if you simply remove all the kde-i18n-he files, you will simply have
everything in english.

In any case, it should not cause any crashes.

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]