On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Sorry for thease dumb questions but here we go anyway...
>
> 1) how do I run a program in bacjkround? like running in an x terminal
> another program and still having the terminal?

Run the program from the command-line and append an ampersand ("&") to it.
Use the jobs and the kill commands to control it.

> 2) how do I make a user account without any password? I want to make a user,
> that will log-in no matter what password it will give.

Usually it's not a good idea, but in any case, you can leave the password
field in /etc/passwd blank for this user.

>  thanks - diego

And next time post such questions to gnubies-il:

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.