I recently upgraded to KDE 2.1 using RPMs. Since then I have been having
problems with kppp. I work using remote display from my linux box onto my
win display. kppp starts ok, connects and then after some time (not
specific, sometimes hours, sometimes seconds) the kppp dialog gets stuck and
I get the followin message on the terminal:

kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 31890, errno = 2

and the kppp process does not die, although the connection was dropped.
the PID of kppp is 31796 and not 31890... which must be obvious because
it is not dead...
Any ideas?
thanks

Arieh