On Mon 2001-04-16, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

[snip]

> > wrote a scriptto start an xterm with -fn heb8x13, so that I can easily invoke
> > it from my mail client (mutt).
>
> In my .Xdefaults I had:
>
> Xterm*Font:heb8x13
>
> The downside for such a setting is that the bold font is not supplied.

And also that the hebrew font is too small :-( I need a hebrew font only
rarely when I need to read something, so I prefer to stay with a normal
font. I wonder why the hebrew font is still not available in larger sizes
and bold. (or is it?)

[snip]

> My current 'wordv' script does:
>
> antiword -m 8859-8.txt "$1" | bidiv
>

> BTW: is there a simple way to make such a script work for standard-input?
> antiword does not accept input from the standard input.

I think antiword will eventually have this feature, since it is only at
version 0.3.*. (Maybe I should help them..), but currently antiword expects
a filename, so no matter how clever the shell script, there still has to be
an actual file on the disk, so using tempfiles is unavoidable.

My script is realy ugly, I think, but it works for me :). this is what I do:
I use 'cat' to accept stdin and write it into a tmp file, which is
deleted later (officially I should use 'trap' to delete the tmp files)

#############
#!/bin/sh
# note, LESSCHARSET should be set correctly. (otherwise only 'more' works)
# yes, or I should fix my locale..

script=/tmp/antiword-script$$
data=/tmp/antiword-data$$

cat > $data
echo /home/chris/bin/antiword -m 8859-8.txt $data '|' rev '|' less > $script
chmod +x $script
xterm -fn heb8x13 -e $script
rm -f $data $script