> > But I do believe that both formats are important to have: bzip is smaller
> but
> > some might not have a bzip compressor. For example, as far as I know
> winzip 7
> > can decompress tar.gz. Not sure about its capabilities when considering
> bzip.
> really off topic but, windows users do not need the kernel sources of
> linux... any way, there is bzip2 for windows, and even a plugin for windows
> commander that handles bzip2 (there is also a one for rpm).

It is my view that MS users are one of the important targets of IGLU.
I am also not sure if MS users does not need the kernel source. For example,
if I would teach or learn Operating Systems course I might have consider
looking at the source of one.

> If someone does not have bzip2, he should install it. It is a must thease
> days...
>
>   -diego

Although bz2 is probably the next standard it seems to me that gz is still a
current standard. I believe we should follow www.kernel.org (and NetVision and
many more) here: since they have not dropped support for gz we should not
either, unless we have to or that we are one of the last one to do so.

--

        Shaul Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>