> further to my previous message, here's the output of traceroute - I gave up
> after about 5 minutes !!!!!
>

> [root@shlomo1 /root]# traceroute www.kde.org
> traceroute to www.kde.org (213.203.58.36), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
>  1  192-117-196-1.adsl.israsrv.net.il (192.117.196.1)  20.440 ms  129.710 ms
> 33.446 ms

You seem to have an ADSL connection to israsrv.
Since an Actcom user has told me that with his ADSL connection there is a significant
difference between out of Israel sites and in Israel sites (about 50 kb/sec and 220
kb/sec) I wonder if you are willing to report your rates.

Actually, are users of the other ISPs can report their rates? Is there a difference
between sites in and out of Israel?

I might be wrong but from my experience is that when comparing download rates one has
to take into account the size of the downloaded file.

--

        Shaul Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hillel used to say: If I am not for myself who will be for me?
Yet, if I am for myself only, what am I? And if not now, when?
                                          (Ethics Of The Fathers 1:14)