Hello,

        Port attack? What exactly are you referring to, portscans?
Portsentry can deny on the fly hosts which portscan you. I am generally
inclined not to use portsentry, as port scans can easily be spoofed and
thus making a DoS attack against your host very very feasible.
Additional arguments follow:

  * Snort has a port scan detection plugin, which suffices my needs.
  * I normally do not care when people port scan me. The majority of break-in
    attempts do not employ a full portscan prior to launching the attack but
    rather focus on a single service.

        Regards, Yotam Rubin