Hi!

I recently upgraded to Linux Mandrake 8.0 and since then my printer (an
Epson Stylus Color 740) stopped working. I could not get it to work
whether with lpd or with cups, no matter what I tried.

I am using whatever shipped with Linux Mandrake 8.0. My printer is
connected to LPT2 (/dev/lp1). I am including the dump of the files in
/proc/sys/dev/parport/parport1 for your reference.

If anyone can point me to how I can get it to work, I would appreciate it.

TIA,

        Shlomi Fish

========
/autoprobe3
=======

========
/autoprobe2
=======

========
/autoprobe1
=======

========
/autoprobe0
=======

========
/autoprobe
=======

CLASS:PRINTER;
MODEL:Stylus COLOR 740;
MANUFACTURER:EPSON;
COMMAND SET:ESCPL2,BDC,D4;

========
/devices/lp/timeslice
=======

200

========
/devices/active
=======

none

========
/modes
=======

PCSPP,TRISTATE

========
/dma
=======

-1

========
/irq
=======

-1

========
/base-addr
=======

632     1656

========
/spintime
=======

500

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.