hi,

here are my relevant files - XF86Config and .Xdefaults . Note that only the
relevant sections are shown here.
Hope this helps... and again - dont forget to check that the num lock is off
(it can be turned on and off live - no need to restart the X process)

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
#    Option "Protocol"    "IntelliMouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

EndSection

!## NETSCAPE
Netscape*drawingArea.translations:  #replace    \
<Btn1Down>:           ArmLink()   \n\
<Btn2Down>:           ArmLink()   \n\
~Shift<Btn1Up>:       ActivateLink()  \n\
~Shift<Btn2Up>:       ActivateLink(new-window)  \
DisarmLink()    \n\
Shift<Btn1Up>:        ActivateLink(save-only)  \
DisarmLink()    \n\
Shift<Btn2Up>:        ActivateLink(save-only)  \
DisarmLink()    \n\
<Btn1Motion>:             DisarmLinkIfMoved()  \n\
<Btn2Motion>:             DisarmLinkIfMoved()  \n\
<Btn3Motion>:             DisarmLinkIfMoved()  \n\
<Motion>:             DescribeLink()  \n\
<Btn3Down>:           xfeDoPopup()    \n\
<Btn3Up>:             ActivatePopup() \n\
Ctrl<Btn4Down>: PageUp()\n\
Ctrl<Btn5Down>: PageDown()\n\
Shift<Btn4Down>: LineUp()\n\
Shift<Btn5Down>: LineDown()\n\
None<Btn4Down>: LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()\n\
None<Btn5Down>:
LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()\n\
Alt<Btn4Down>: xfeDoCommand(forward)\n\
Alt<Btn5Down>: xfeDoCommand(back)\n

Netscape*globalNonTextTranslations: #override\n\