hello.
i've got a big problem with named that i cant understand so maybe you
can.. and it goes like that:
i am running named on my personal box.
i own a domain name that i registered by register.com.

my connaction is cable 24/7 of tevel.. and as you know (or not) this is
not a static ip. when i wanted to use my named server as the NS server for
my domain i couldnt coz of the non-static ip..
to get over this problem i registered a dynamic ip on dns2go (dyndns
like.. ) to get a static host name.
i went back to register.com and changed the domain name server to be the
new host of my machine (the dns2go one).
so now i got the same hostname all the time (dns2go) but the ip is
changing now and then..

i created the zone file for my domain and configured it all and though it
is working nice and well untill someone told me he cant use this hostname
so i checked things out and it finally hit me.. i am using meself has my
name server so ofcourse this is working.. :)

so the problem now is why the domain NS is not me ?