Hi

I am looking of a way to have a local display/keyboard, which is
connected on a slow channel ( i.e. modem ) to unix servers.

I need a way to run X applictions on the remote server, and see them as
they were local.

I tried using X - was too slow
I tried to use X protocol compression called 'dxpc' - still too slow
I tried to use Xvnc - better but still not fast enough.

anyone knows of a way to do so except using Citrix or X-win32-server
over microsoft's rdesktop ?

thanks
erez.