Hi list.

I checked the archives for this, and didn't find anything.
An irritating gpm problem, and it's the second machine this happens to me
on - I compile a custom 2.4.x kernel, (this time, it was 2.4.5) on SuSE 7.1
(this doesn't happen with the default SuSE kernel) and when loading the gpm
service (gpm -t ps2 -M /dev/mouse) the system (or just my virtual consoles
or maybe even it's just the keyboard) gracefully crash (screen freezes). If
I load SaX (the X config tool), it also loads gpm, and yep, kaboom. I'm
99.99% sure I omitted a driver I shouldn't have when compiling a custom
kernel. I tried compiling in some possibly-related drivers like MCA
architecture, it didn't help.
It *may* be that "core input" is not compiled in at all (is this mandatory
now? If I understand correct, it's only for USB stuff, my mouse is PS/2)
and, although this shouldn't affect things, I have no support for serial
ports in the kernel, since nothing is hooked onto there.

Ideas anyone?

Thx!

--
Miki Shapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>