On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:35:26AM +0200, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:
> That's what I mean. If you don't use 64bit variables you can't use the
> long file stuff because then you would try to use 32bit variables in 64bit
> functions.
>
> Or do the flags (__*) also change the internal type of longint ?

    It's all described in my previous message. The aforementioned flags change
the file handling interface, so fseeko for example is passed with a 64 bit
offset in a transparent manner. The user doesn't have to know anything about
the change. When I call fseek(somefile, 0xfff023, SEEK_SET) using the new
interface, the offset argument is 64 bits in size, not 32 bits. Obviously,
this is fully backwards compatible, since 64 bits may contain 32 bits.

        Regards, Yotam Rubin