From: mulix [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 12:00 PM
To: Hetz Ben-Hamo
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cox kernel?

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Hetz Ben-Hamo wrote:

> The 2.4.x kernel development has been moved from Alan to Marcello. Linus will
> only announce new kernel 2.4.x releases, but won't touch any code actually...

?
2.4.16 was released by marcello. so was 2.4.17pre2. linux didnt have
anything to do with these, publicly.

> So Rik's VM implementation is out, and other Linus stuff that were in the
> kernel (while they weren't in Alan's ac-tree) has been removed in favour of..
> you guessed it - Alan's tree..

???
rik's vm is indeed out (although he is maintaining it himself),
but marcello started working from 2.4.15, which was linus' tree, not
alan's tree. i think you are mistaken here.

to answer the original question, the important bits in -ac have been
merged into -linus before 2.4.15. as to the rest, i dont know. maybe
it's 2.5.x material. is there anything specific you're interested in,
tzahi?
--
mulix

http://www.pointer.co.il/~mulix/