> > Hi
> >
> > Can someone point me to a new ups howto (the only one i can find is from
> > 1997).
>

> As far as I know you will not find anything newer in the LDP.
> It does explains the essentials of UPS handling quite well.
>
> Perhaps you would like to share what are you aiming at?

I'm planing to buy a ups device in order to help my computers to survive the
winter's electricity breaks, but I don't know anything about it:
installation, hardware compatibility, software - what for & howto, etc. I
had some hard time finding this kind of information, I'll be glad to get a
url or two and ofcourse hardware recommendations and where to buy.

Thanks,
Ishai.