to share the same controller as the hard disk was sufficient.

From: Noam Meltzer

From: Shaul Karl

From: Dani Arbel

> Omer,
> We had such problems and it was resolved by using high grade cd media ....
> Dani
>
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Omer Zak wrote:
>
> > When trying to install Mandrake 8.1, the installer got stuck at the step
> > at which it displays the "Trying to access a CDROM disc" message.
> > The strange thing is that the installer was successfully booted from the
> > CDROM.
> >
> > Any hints where to look for the problem?  How to work around it?
> >
> > System configuration (let me know if more information is needed):
> > Pentium II 300MHz, 384MB memory
> > /dev/hda - none
> > /dev/hdb - Yamaha CRW2200 CD/RW
> > /dev/hdc - a 40GB hard disk (only the first 33GB are recognized due to a
> >            BIOS limitation)
> > /dev/hdd - none
> >
> > Mandrake Linux 8.1 - from the CD-ROM set sold during the Linux Day at
> > Bar-Ilan U.
> >
> > The hard disk already has RedHat 7.2 and OpenBSD 2.9 installed in it, and
> > it multi-boots using lilo.  When formatting the disk, I reserved few
> > partitions for the planned Mandrake installation.

                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  However, Mandrake 8.1 was successfully installed,
and it is now time to sort out the remaining problems (such as an ISDN
driver which gets the computer stuck when it detects unauthorized source
code change, probably due to failure in autodetection algorithm).
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html