OK, since people don't see the tongue in my cheek, I decided to review the
recent postings for violation of obscure rules.  Since I determined that
rule R74212.36(e)[f]{g.1} has been violated, I decided to notify the list
about the violation of this rule.

The rule is that the Subject line must reflect the body's contents.

Back from the World of Bureaucratic Laws to the World of Getting Things
Done:

In addition to E-mail viruses, there are also the problems of infected
files being downloaded from Web and FTP sites.  The infected files
contain, by definition, also unsafe ActiveX controls, rogue Java applets
and naughty Javascript scripts.

Is there a proxy Web/FTP server, running under Linux, which can be
configured to filter incoming files?
This will help protect people, who are running their runny noses'
MS-Windows systems and connecting to the Internet via the Linux server,
from downloading (known) dangerous files.

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Shaul Karl wrote:

> > Here's my complete rule, in all it's splendor (ugliness, actually)
> > Sorry, Omer, about continuing to spam this mailing list on this issue -
> > but others keep bringing it up again and again...
> >

> IMHO this discussion on topic:
> Someone (a home network) with a linux mail server serving MS machines
> might find Nadav's list a poor replacement for a Linux anti virus
> software. Putting it more nicely, the list is the start of a Linux anti
> virus software.

                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  People who just get things done - do it
elsewhere.