Hi.

I've been using bezeq's adsl now for about 6 months.  Last week bezeq
changed the redback I'm connected to and from then on I've had problems
(not to mention, a different IP address.. I'm with Actcom / static IP).
Ping time to the remote side of the ppp link is often over 500ms, but
sometimes as low as 50ms.  It seem to depend on which way the wind is
blowing :-|..  I manage 2 servers w/ ADSL connected to the same redback..
same problem appeared at the same time.  As you can imagine, I work
between these two servers.  1 second is a long lag time.

This bugged me.  First, I called Actcom and demanded my old IP back, which
after a call to bezeq, they did without problem.  After this was when I
noticed the long ping time problem.  During a bad "wind storm" last night
I called Actcom support.  The guy I spoke to suggested that it had to do
with the special way that they gave my old IP back.  So, we changed one
server back to the new IP.  It's not helping.  After complaining also
about disconnections, the Actcom guy basically said, "we cannot disconnect
you, it's a bezeq problem".  He suggested that maybe it was the modem; he
knows that the orkit modems have problems, and maybe I should request that
bezeq change my modem to an Alcatel modem.

So, my questions.  Does this sound sensible?  Also, will this affect the
MTU problem?  My understanding is that the MTU problem is to do with a bug
in the orkit modems.

-Cedar

.please cc replies to me.  My list subscription is set to digest.