On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:35:52AM +0200, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hello IGLUs,
>
> I would like to rip my hebrew CDs, but I get giberish for the names of the
> album and song when querying the CDDB.
>
> Funny thing - when using RealJukeBox CDDB under M$ I get the correct info in
> english...

I think Grip nowadays uses FreeDB (www.freedb.org), ever since
cddb.com changed their protocol and begun asking for money. So that's
reasonable that RealJukebox delivers different results from CDDB than
Grip does from FreeDB -- it's simply different people who typed the
info down into the databases.

> Any way to make it work ?

Hmm,

LC_ALL=he_IL grip

might work (first make sure you have a good Hebrew locale by typing:
localedef -f ISO-8859-8 -i he_IL -u he_IL he_IL
as root).