Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 23:55:47 +0200 (EET)
From: Omer Zak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Linux ISDN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NETjet PCI ISDN card under Mandrake 8.1/RedHat 7.2

Problem:
The hisax driver causes the system to get locked up when it tries to
initialize the card (at boot time).
Details:
Card - NETjet PCI, vendor e159, id 1
It is recognized as HiSax type=20, and I use it with protocol=2.
The card works well under an old version of Linux (2.0.36, with
the corresponding ISDN driver and tools), and under Windows 2000.

The immediate cause of the problem:
The driver claims that certification failed due to unauthorized source
code change (ISDN drivers are certified and protected against authorized
source code changes, so this protection is necessary).

The versions of ISDN packages which I have installed (under Mandrake 8.1)
are:
  isdn-light-0.8-8mdk
  isdn4k-utils-3.1-1.pre1.9mdk

I looked at the Mandrake cooker, and found that there is a more recent
version of isdn-light (isdn-light-0.8-9mdk) but isdn4k-utils stayed the
same.
There is also another version (fork?): isdn4k-utils-3.1b7-13mdk.

Does anyone know what is going on, before I start a wild orgy of package
installation and uninstallation?
                                        Thanks,
                                             --- Omer