Hi all,

I am connected to the net by a slow dialup, and running a local named in order
to speed-up repeated connection (my main dns is quite slow, too).

If I ping google.com, the local named forwards a dns query, whose answer is kept
in its cache for futuer attempts.  However, I noticed that the entries in the
cache "die out" quite quickly - if I ping google few minutes later I generate a
dns query again.  How can I extend the life time of the cached named entries?

Another question is about the resolver.
I tries to add my domain name to every address it fails to find.
I would like to stop this behaviour which create ludicrous queries like
www.gookle.com.localdomain. I tried empty domain and search lines in resolv.conf
but it did not change anything.

Thanks,
        Dan.